Friday, September 20, 2013

Halloween in September. Yea, it's weird.



I love the holidays, but one of my favorite times to decorate is Fall/Halloween. I love the mums, pumpkins and all the spooky things you can buy.  Up until now, I felt that my girls were too young to do really scary decorations, but now that they are a bit older, I've changed my mind a bit.  Not that what I did is scary, but it's more Haloween-y than normal.  Typically I would do a standard FALL decoration, then closer to Halloween I would add more Halloween-y stuff (yes, Halloween-y) is a real word. But this year, I've decided to forego the fall and head straight into Halloween.  Here are some pics of my current front porch. I'm calling it "The Witches Lair".  Mainly because Lair sounds so ominous.  Its really more of a corner.... but who's counting?






 


 
Side View.  Notice the window.  I needed something to add length and depth.  I have several old windows that I picked up from flea markets.  I hung it on existing hooks, because the Hubs didn't want me putting holes on the outside of the house.... something about safety and weakening the brick... anyway, so I improvised.
 

Here is her writing area. Obviously she has to have good penmanship.
 
After taking about six million pics, I managed to NOT get the small birdcage that is hanging by the window.  It will be the home of the new black crow when he arrives. 
 
I had fun with this, and tried to use existing things I had collected.  My goal was to spend as little as possible, and I will be selling many of these items when I'm done.  That's the joy of this job.... I get to recreate a LOT!

No comments:

Post a Comment