Thursday, May 1, 2014

May Flowers


Hi Folks!  I wanted to show you what I’ve been up to lately.  My daughter is getting married next year and the wedding is going to be a shabby chic-esque type décor.  So for the last few months I’ve been looking at different types of fun decorations.  One thing that struck my attention was origami flowers.  I saw some at a craft show, and thought they would be perfect accent pieces for the reception.  So I learned how to make them and found them to be very fun and easy.  My thought is to use old song sheets or books that are old or that I can make look old with tea.  Below is a pic of one I did from some scrapbook paper I had.  This was my first attempt so its not perfect, but you get the idea.  It's also not the colors of her wedding, but you get the idea.

On an unrelated topic, it should be noted that these flowers do not hold up well when taken hostage by cute, adorable puppies…. Hence the bended corners. 

 
Once I get the whole idea in place, I will post more pics.

No comments:

Post a Comment