A few months ago, a friend was telling me about an article she read about painting fabric furniture. And while I had my doubts about it, I couldn’t quit reading blogs about it. Seriously, I was like a serial killer stalking my prey. So not knowing if I would be able to pull off a project of such magnitude, I wanted to go cheap. Like.....super cheap. As in..... "got five bucks till payday next week" cheap. And I think I did very well.... I’ve listed my costs below:
· Flea Market chair (in great shape, albeit a "unique" shade of gold. $15)
· Fabric Medium ($4 with Hobby Lobby coupon)
· Brushes (free—already had—but to put a cost, let’s say $5)
· Pillow—already had, and it just happened to match—yea me!
· Paint for fabric ($8—Walmart)
· Paint for arms and legs (free—I had leftovers. But probably about $5)
· Total cost: approximately $37 (I guessed on some of the cost, but if anything, I paid less).
· Time: Four days
Now. I will tell you that the fabric doesn’t feel soft. It has more of a burlap feel. I think I should have sanded it more between coats. But live and learn I always say (not really, but it sounds good).
However the paint stays on, and it’s a beautiful accent piece. My husband and I both sit in it on occasion and I have had no reservations, it was much easier than I thought, and I love the idea of picking the type of chair AND the color for the need.
As a matter of fact, I’ve done another
victim chair which I will show later.