Because I'm really courteous and stuff (shut up!), I thought I would share my experience and knowledge so that you can
- There are many types of glues for many different surfaces. Each of those glues will stick your fingers together at some point.
- Glitter is the crack of the craft world. Its addictive and makes you go a little nuts.
- Spray paint, much like a loaded gun, should never be pointed at your face when trying to see if it's clogged.
- It is not a good idea to have too many projects going at once. This is advice that I do not follow, but you should.
- Unless you want green spray paint in your hair, put it in a pony.
- I wrote once about the dangers of Pinterest, check this post out... but to summarize... Pinterest is evil. (ok, not really but it is addictive .... kinda like glitter).
- At some point, there will be unexplainable paint literally on every part of your body. Don't try to figure it out.... its just best to accept it and move on.
- Fans are good when its hot. However, fans and spray paint are not a good combo.
- While we are discussing spray paint, it will make your garage floor sticky and sometimes that makes your hubby a tad grumpy.
- If you spray paint in flip flops, your pedicure will look.... different.
- I like to listen to music while I work. My neighbors now know I will never make the Voice auditions. But... my dance skills are off the charts yo!
- When your spouse comes out to the garage and there is a thick London-like fog of spray paint hovering in the air, you need to ventilate.
- Your dog, when running through the garage, will step on or rub against the only wet paint object in the room.
- and finally.... hot glue guns are called HOT glue guns for a reason.
By the way, here are a few of the projects I worked on this weekend. More pics to come later.
These are vases that I painted.
I saw one of these at a flea market, and have been on the lookout for older lamp shades ever since. This could be a decorative lamp shade or hung as a chandelier for a girls room. Because the lamp shades today don't use as much metal, they are a bit hard to find. However this was fun to decorate with feathers, toole, and bling.
Its a bit hard to see in this photo, but I got my decoupage on using a black and white theme. I did this for my daughters room a few months ago, and really liked how it turned out. I still have some trimming to do, but they are almost finished.
I hope everyone had a great weekend and didn't glue their fingers together.... twice. I hear that's really embarrassing.