Sunday, June 23, 2013

Just me bein' all helpful and stuff......

Hello Posh Friends.  I trust you are all doing very delightful today.  I was able to work on several projects over the weekend.  And as I went from project to project., I found myself wishing someone had told me some things to watch out for...before I started.

Because I'm really courteous and stuff (shut up!), I thought I would share my experience and knowledge so that you can learn from my mistakes be thoroughly prepared:
  • There are many types of glues for many different surfaces.  Each of those glues will stick your fingers together at some point.
  • Glitter is the crack of the craft world.  Its addictive and makes you go a little nuts.
  • Spray paint, much like a loaded gun, should never be pointed at your face when trying to see if it's clogged.
  • It is not a good idea to have too many projects going at once.  This is advice that I do not follow, but you should. 
  • Unless you want green spray paint in your hair, put it in a pony.
  • I wrote once about the dangers of Pinterest, check this post out... but to summarize... Pinterest is evil. (ok, not really but it is addictive .... kinda like glitter).
  • At some point, there will be unexplainable paint literally on every part of your body.  Don't try to figure it out.... its just best to accept it and move on.
  • Fans are good when its hot.  However, fans and spray paint are not a good combo.
  • While we are discussing spray paint, it will make your garage floor sticky and sometimes that makes your hubby a tad grumpy.
  • If you spray paint in flip flops, your pedicure will look.... different.
  • I like to listen to music while I work.  My neighbors now know I will never make the Voice auditions. But... my dance skills are off the charts yo!
  • When your spouse comes out to the garage and there is a thick London-like fog of spray paint hovering in the air, you need to ventilate. 
  • Your dog, when running through the garage, will step on or rub against the only wet paint object in the room.
  • and finally.... hot glue guns are called HOT glue guns for a reason.
I hope you find these tips somewhat helpful.  Of course these are just things that I've overheard in Lowes.... I've never actually had anything of the sort occur. 

By the way, here are a few of the projects I worked on this weekend.  More pics to come later.

These are vases that I painted. 
 
I saw one of these at a flea market, and have been on the lookout for older lamp shades ever since.  This could be a decorative lamp shade or hung as a chandelier for a girls room.  Because the lamp shades today don't use as much metal, they are a bit hard to find.  However this was fun to decorate with feathers, toole, and bling.
 
Its a bit hard to see in this photo, but I got my decoupage on using a black and white theme.  I did this for my daughters room a few months ago, and really liked how it turned out.  I still have some trimming to do, but they are almost finished.
 
I hope everyone had a great weekend and didn't glue their fingers together.... twice.  I hear that's really embarrassing. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment