Monday, June 17, 2013

Then came Raphael.....


Hello fellow flea friends!  So this weekend the hubs and I took a weekend trip to Eureka Springs.  We needed a quiet get away for a while and this was an awesome, local trip.

If you have ever been to Eureka Springs, AR the best word to describe it…. Eclectic. (and hilly..wow is it hilly).  You will see everything from hippies to bikers to yuppies. Lots of hemp...oh, so much hemp and for some reason, apparently wearing a bra is optional.  Yea, I don't get it either.  Eureka is full of small stores that sell all kinds of items.  Jewelry, flea markets, socks, art, food, and everything in between. 

The bed and breakfasts are beautiful.   Old architecture and antiques are stunning.  The food is always amazing.  And two of their hotels are haunted. TWO!  Which is totally awesome, except I went in one of them four times and didn’t see a ghost one. Not even a floating  partial body apparition. I won’t lie, I was a tad disappointed.

So as you know, I have a love of metal animals.  See my Ricky post.  This was the beginning of my flea market habit.  Next came Raphael.  I fell in love with his little mustache.
And so far there have been NO metal mice in the house.  Just sayin'

I recently bought Raphael at a flea market in Warsaw.  Now.  To be honest, I do think the quirky animals are super fun.  But part of my love of them is that my family doesn’t like them.  They find them weird.  While this would deter most mortals, me… it only makes me want more. 

So.  Back in Eureka Springs.  The Hub is probably the biggest non-fan of my metal animals.  And one of the shops we went into had absolutely gorgeous artwork…. And a ton of metal animals.  Of which, I wanted all of them. I was even a bit dizzy trying to see all the metal marvels.  The Hub finally stopped looking at where I was pointing like a kid in a candy store and just said “no”. 

Because of his horrible attitude toward such awesome finds, I started a photo file on my phone entitled “Things Kevin won’t let me buy.”  Below are just a few items:



 Why yes, that is a dog and a pink pig with blue wings, thank you for asking.

And here.. we have an armadillo and some red, AR hogs.  Whooooaaaaa PIG SUEY!!!!
 
Then when I didn’t have my phone (of course), I saw the BEST. THING. EVER.  So I found a similar one online because greatness like this MUST be shared. 

This, my friends, is an 6 foot pink flamingo.  I would call him Pedro, and he would reside in my living room for all to see.  I might even put a light on him to display his pinky awesomness.  Yet, that is a dream that shall not come true this day my friends.  Because before I could even tell the Hub to come see, he threatened to get the duct tape.  He has NO taste in funky amazing metal fun.
 
Just wait.  Pedro will be mine one day... oh yes.  He will be mine.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment